Founded in 2015, Colorado Leather Fest is a weekend educational event focused on lifestyle relationships. It is held in the Metro-Denver Colorado area, and features national and local presenters, classes, discussions, title contests, community events, and more.
Colorado Leather Fest is a pansexual event open to all people of any gender and gender identification, orientation, race, or cultural or religious background, who have an interest in Leather or Authority Based Relationships as a lifestyle and culture.
Colorado Leather Fest does not focus on BDSM play skills and techniques and does not host a play party. Our event is centered on Leather/BDSM history and culture, a variety of relationship styles and the issues associated with them, and service skills found in Leather and M/s or D/s relationships and culture.
Vision: A mental image of what the future will or could be like.
The organizers of Colorado Leather Fest have an image of what the future of the BDSM, Leather, Kink, and Fetish community could be like. It is a future where everyone is accepted for who and what they are and are free to practice their lifestyle in a way that is rewarding and fulfilling to them, as long as no one is being harmed. It is a future where people are able to engage in the activities of their lifestyle in the safest way possible. It is a future where marginalized communities are welcomed and included; where, in fact, there are no marginalized communities at all.
This is a vision that we believe can be made real. We hope to enable that future by providing an environment where all are welcome; where they can develop the skills they need to form strong and lasting relationships; where they can learn about the history and traditions of our communities; and where they can meet and develop connections with others from all of the varied aspects of our subculture.
We do this through our annual event, Colorado Leather Fest; through our title contests where individuals take on the responsibility of role models and ambassadors for our community; and through other educational offerings and activities throughout the year.
We invite you to share this vision with us, and to join us on a journey to what our future can be.
With our annual “together” theme, we have become recognized for our efforts in building community, in bringing all people together to learn and share in the diversity of our community, under the “Leather” banner.
The basis of our Vision founded on this quote from OutFront magazine:
Community is NOT defined by what makes us different, but what makes us the same.
Where and When
CLF 2019 will be held May 3 – 5, 2019 at the Doubletree Thornton at 83 E 120th Ave, Thornton, CO (I-25 and 120th Ave).
The theme of Colorado Leather Fest 2019 is “Celebrating Together”. This year we are celebrating five years of Colorado Leather Fest, seven years of the Colorado Master/slave title, and 40 years of the Mr. Leather Colorado title, and 23 years of Thunder in the Mountains! We also celebrate the diversity, successes, and positive forward direction in our community.
Colorado Leather Fest 2019 will feature:
- 24 Classes On:
- Relationship Dynamics and Skills: D/s, M/s, Daddy, boy, daughter, little, owner, puppy, pony, kitten, etc. We are open to all types of relationship dynamics.
- Culture, History,Tradition, and Spirituality: Classes about various cultures within our lifestyle; history or historical events (Denver, Colorado, or National) such as Leather history, the history of a particular kink or the history of title contests; how spirituality fits into relationships; S&M; rituals and ceremonies; and other aspects of our lifestyle.
- Care and Service Skills: Cigar Service, Leather care, bootblacking, high tea, high protocol, butler service, after care, challenges with aging, living with disabilities, legal issues for couples and families, serving as a majordomo, etc.
- Enhanced Play – Moving Beyond Technique: Not how to swing a flogger, but why we swing the flogger! How play can be used for personal and relationship improvement, for catharsis and healing, for spirituality, or for psychological and emotional growth.
- Round Table Discussions: Facilitated discussions about a variety of lifestyle topics.
- Community Events!
- Friday Evening: Meet & Greet and Opening Ceremony
- Saturday Evening: RMLA Community Leather Dinner, Parade of Colors, and Title Contests
- Sunday: Keynote Luncheon and Closing Ceremony
- And More!
- Bootblacking at Bootblack Alley
- The CLF Family Room social area
- Cigar Social
Colorado Leather Fest is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit educational organization.
Visit These Leather Title Contest Sites!
And the Biggest, Baddest Leather Conference in the Country…
Thunder in the Mountains!
Colorado Leather Fest Supports Our Colorado Leather/Fetish Clubs!